Thursday, January 21, 2010

Romance of the Rose




When Nina Tanchangco (now known as Nina Cuenca) asked me to do the gowns of her mom, bridesmaids, maids of honor and flowergirls for her January 2010 wedding, I was thrilled!

She wanted a light tone for her whole entourage, infused with chocolate brown and red. She showed me a lookbook (yes! she is that organized..it helped me a lot in creating the 'look') with pictures of champagne, strawberries, roses and chocolate. Everything romantic. So I started designing dresses that were light and flowy, with tulle rosettes to create a modern, yet vintage-romantic look for the bridesmaids. I used brown as an accent to these almost-white bridesmaids gowns to infuse some 'chocolate' into the smooth and milky look of the gowns. Yummm sounds like dessert more than fashion!The bride's gown was done by Iverluski Aseron, the secondary sponors were all by Mich Araullo.

No comments:

Post a Comment