Friday, February 19, 2010

Wine's Wedding

Wine came into my shop and I instantly thought of a great silhouette to put on her. Later on, I found out that they were planning on a Tokyo themed wedding. I immediately started sketching on my piece of paper a silhouette loosely patterned after a geisha's kimono..a soft bubble skirt over a more streamline bottom. I wanted to keep the neckline clean to show of Wine's delicate face, so I kept the dress strapless with a sweetheart neckline. We decided to incorporate a little bit of color to the waistband, so I chose silver with a hint of fuschia and violet. We added a bit of a train at the back to emulate the long sashes/trains that japanese geishas have on their kimonos.


Origami flowers in place of a traditional bouquet! :) how clever!


Congratulations Wine and Jojo!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sassa!

    Tita Pat (Mangonon) referred me to this site. I LOVE your work and would absolutely love to meet with you to discuss a few projects, one being my wedding.

    Could you please email me: Kristie99@Gmail.com and we go from there? (I couldn't find your email address anywhere).

    Thanks and hope to hear from you!!!
    Kristie W.

    ReplyDelete